A will should include the following:
1. Revocation clause;
2. Executors and trustees: these are the people who will administer the testator’s
3. Guardians: if you have any children under 18, it is important to include a
guardianship clause and choose you would like to look after your children on
4. Directions for burial: you might like to include a wish that you want to be buried
5. Beneficiaries: these are the people who will inherit your estate. You can leave
your entire estate to one person, a number of people, or make specific gifts;
6. Attestation clause: this is where the will is executed and witnessed.
Your will can be as simple or as complicated as you like. The above is only for the most
basic of wills. There are many other inclusions which can prove very useful.
Back to Wills & Probate