My ex-partner will not let me see my children. What can I do?

There are several ways in which you can facilitate contact with your child. It if often found that a contact agreement entered into by the parties rather than imposed on them works better. For this reason, the Court prefers and continually encourages the parents to reach an agreement over contact arrangements without the involvement of the Court. You may arrange contact via a mediator, if your partner is willing to attend mediation. You may also come to an agreement regarding contact through negotiations between solicitors. If neither of these approaches works, you may make an application to the Court for a contact order. It is viewed as the right of the child to have contact with both parents. It is, therefore, very likely that you will be awarded some type of contact with your children. Both you and your ex-partner, as well as both of your solicitors if you are represented, will need to attend Court. It is only if the parties cannot agree at this stage that the Court will get involved, usually setting some contact which is then reviewed in 3-6 months.

Back to Children

  Profiles      Reviews        Recruitment        Notices & Disclaimer        Copyright        Contact        Site Map  

Davies is the trading name of Davies Solicitors Limited (registration number 5699025). The registered office address is 30 Woollards Lane, Great Shelford, Cambridge CB22 5LZ,
and Richard Davies is the Director. We are regulated by the Solicitors Regulations Authority (reference number 439685).
We do not accept service by fax or by e-mail unless otherwise agreed.