Who will pay my legal fees if my case goes to trial?

If you are not eligible for legal aid, you will pay your own fees if your case goes to trial. It may be possible to apply to the Court for maintenance pending suit, whereby the other party pays a contribution towards your costs. You would need to show the Court that you had a need for the maintenance by means of a budget and other documentary evidence. The judge then makes a decision, based on all the evidence, as to whether or not it is fair and reasonable to grant maintenance. You may also be able to seek to recover some of your costs from the other party at the conclusion of your final hearing. However, it is not guaranteed that you will be awarded any of your costs; and if you are, it is very unlikely you will be awarded your full costs.

Back to Children

  Profiles      Reviews        Recruitment        Notices & Disclaimer        Copyright        Contact        Site Map  

Davies is the trading name of Davies Solicitors Limited (registration number 5699025). The registered office address is 30 Woollards Lane, Great Shelford, Cambridge CB22 5LZ,
and Richard Davies is the Director. We are regulated by the Solicitors Regulations Authority (reference number 439685).
We do not accept service by fax or by e-mail unless otherwise agreed.